Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Houston Trip

As some may know, Russell has been in Houston for the past month as a summer associate for a law firm. Usually he comes home to Austin on the weekends, but this time I decided to visit him for a few days.

It was a fun-filled few days of good food, friendly lawyers and America's Favorite Pastime. The firm had rented out Minute Maid Park for Friday night and set up a batting cage right over home plate.

Here is Russell with his name on the big screen:



And batting at home plate:



We then took a tour of the stadium, where I got to do some posing inside the broadcast booth:



The next day, the firm had a softball game. Here's me showing moral support. I've had that Goofy hat for a looooong time:



Here are a couple pics of Russ fielding and batting:





And taking a quick break between innings:



All in all it was a fun trip, and it looks like the firm is taking good care of him, though I will be happy when he comes back for good in two weeks.

3 comments:

Elaine said...

I love it! The pictures are wonderful. I feel like I'm right there with y'all. Duckie's growing just fine. Sarah Jane looks radiant. Russell looks healthy & happy to me.
Thanks for sharing.

Rachel said...

Love it--that looks like so much fun! Amazing! Glad the time in Houston is almost over...

Emily M said...

You do look great, SJ. I am excited we'll get to see you with the belly in a couple weeks. I would hate to miss out on it! Glad you'll be together again for good soon.