Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Medieval Times

For my 30th birthday, we spent it revisiting one of my favorite birthday memories: Medieval Times! We just so happen to live only five minutes from the one in Dallas. Though I went to the one in New Jersey as a child, it was everything I remembered and more. We even ended up rooting for the same knight: The exotic Red Knight of Castilla. Here he is with the other knights, the one closest to us:

From Medieval Times
Before the festivities began, we spent the time milling about the mini market outside of the arena. There was a swordsmith and suits of armor and all sorts of things.

From Medieval Times


Even a falconer. I sort of have a love for birds of prey, so I was especially excited for that.

From Medieval Times


Here's one of the birds in action:

From Medieval Times


The food was delicious and the show was spectacular! We had a lot of fun cheering:



Victoria was quite the charmer. So much so that the Red Knight threw her a flower!

From Medieval Times


Ok ok so I lifted her up over my head and waved her around a bit to get his attention, but still.

Nevertheless there were still moments that were fraught with peril:

From Medieval Times


But everyone turned out alright in the end. Here's a slideshow of all the pics we took:



Many thanks to Russell's parents for creating such a fond memory for our family for my 30th!

No comments: